Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Food, food, food

When I turned 21 my mom gave me a cookbook for my birthday. Now this wasn't just any cook book. It was a collection of all the recipes she and other women special to her had created their entire lives. Some of these women are no longer living and some are still creating today. In the front of this book she wrote these words:
This is a very special time in your life. You have just turned 21 and the world is at your beck and call. This gift is from my heart and mind to you. Something of myself that I can share. I have compiled this all my life and I hope someday you also will share these with your children, your children's children and so the legacy passes on. Take hold of this special time and never forget it. Love always, Mom
It has taken a long time for these words to be dear to my heart and to truly appreciate all of the thought and effort behind this monumental work that my mom put together for me, but that is another post for another time. Needless to say, I feel that part of the purpose of this blog is to share each other's burdens, and one of my burdens is finding easy and inexpensive meals to fix in a moment's notice.

So I have created Daughter of Felicitas: Recipes blog connected to this one with easy recipes and links to other websites with easy recipes so I can help pass on this food legacy to others. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home